Tortle Turtle Adjustable Head Repositioning Beanie
Our next generation Tortle is now available! The technology we developed for hospitals and clinics is now available to you!
Flat Head Syndrome is completely preventable and in most cases treatable with proper positioning and use of the Tortle. Babies do best if they experience equal movement of their heads from side to side from birth to 6 months, which is what Tortle assists in. Nesting your baby’s head in one position will promote areas of flattening or bulging.
Repositioning is recommended for all newborns; every baby is at risk for developing Flat Head. Because babies’ skulls are soft yet heavy, and necks are weak, infants are vulnerable to developing these conditions in the first few months of life. This is why proper movement and deliberate repositioning of your infant from birth is one of the keys to healthy development.
Tortle is a simple, comfortable beanie that helps prevent and treat Flat Head Syndrome. Early detection and correct use of Tortle will ensure the best long term results. To properly use the Tortle, you must pull the beanie down as far as possible so the crown of the head is fitted into the top of the beanie and ears are covered. The fit of the hat can be adjusted using the side cinch tabs. The Tortle travels easily with you to help prevent or treat Flat Head when laying in a car seat, stroller, bouncer or napping in a crib (while supervised by caregivers). Remember to let your Tortle grow with your baby and purchase the next Tortle size!
- Next generation, single layer construction is highly breathable and achieves improved fit. Adjustable elastic tabs make it easy to get the right fit and reduce slippage .
- Our new and improved Tortle helps to prevent and treat flat head syndrome. It does this by gently deflecting your baby’s head while baby is sitting or laying, to gently move baby’s head from side to side. It’s a natural way to encourage healthy head and neck motion, without any of the suffocation risks of repositioning pillows or wedges.
- Sizes: Small (0-2 months/5-10 lbs.) Medium (2-4 months/10-15 lbs.) Large (4-6 months/15-20 lbs.) All sizes equipped with adjustable side tabs to ensure custom fit.
- 95% cotton/5% spandex. Machine washable.
- It is recommended that all newborns wear a TortleTM for the first six months of life to prevent and treat Flat Head Syndrome.
Small (0-2 months/ 5-10 lbs./ 13-15” head circumference)
Medium (2-4 months/ 10-15 lbs./15-16.5” head circumference)
Large (4-6 months/ 15-20 lbs./ 16.5-18” head circumference)